Senior Manager, Growth Insights/Innovation 2405 Food Processing & Manufacturing
In this role, you will be partnering with Innovation Directors and cross-functional team members through the fuzzy front-end innovation process, identifying strategic opportunity areas, and creating innovative new products and services for the food/snacks division.
The successful candidate will balance strong analytical thinking abilities with a proven record of imagination and ingenuity. He/she will demonstrate the ability to solve unique & complex problems and lead the cross-functional team through the inevitable twists and turns of front-end innovation.
He/she will be a strong co-leader with the Innovation team to work through the beginning stages of the innovation process to ensure that business needs are effectively translated into meaningful solutions that create value for the people we feed. This role is a key creator of innovation ideas that are based in deep insights about the consumer.
A creative mindset is necessary to bring to life unique, compelling insights and business opportunities for cross-functional teams and ensure the consumer is the center of everything we make. S/he will be recognized for their expertise in innovation strategy & design insights within the company, have a passion for creating new products based on what could be, a strong design sense, insatiable curiosity, inspired by the world around them and an entrepreneurial spirit.
Provide thought leadership on future category growth and innovation opportunities, with a focus on category need state opportunities and brand strategies
- Work with Brand Directors to ensure innovation platforms are aligned to business needs and brand strategy
- Provide thought-leadership to team to help clearly identify objectives & gain alignment on definition of initiative success.
- Apply approaches and model behaviors that enable the company to be an innovation to be a nimble, innovative, entrepreneurial organization
Ensure innovation growth goals are met by partnering with Innovation Directors to lead the development and creation of early stage, whitespace innovation platforms
- Unlock new consumer-centric value propositions through unique, simple, and inspiring consumer insights that clearly and succinctly identify an unmet need (the “job to be done”)
- Responsible for progressing high-value ideas through an iterative design process from strategy alignment to concept validation
- Build upon foundational Insights work, dimensionalizing with custom research, deep knowledge of the marketplace, business environment, macroforces and trends to inspire innovation opportunities and clearly articulate the consumer "jobs to be done”
Mentor team of creative innovation insights professionals, leveraging design thinking, creative development, ideation, concept writing, research execution, and insights identifying skill sets.
- Provide thought-leadership & seam between your team of professionals
- Provide guidance on learning plans, success factors, and methodology
- Encourage strong partnership and collaboration with broader teams
- At least 10 years of relevant experience in fields such as design research, agency planning, consulting, or ideation
- Experience working with or in consumer-packaged goods is required, food industry preferred
- Experience leading strategic, innovation processes and/or design thinking practice (agency or client-side)
- Conceptual & creative thinker with background in a design thinking approach to CPG innovation
- Storytelling skills to bring the consumer and business opportunity to life and inspire the organization to see the market possibilities
- Exceptional writing skills, including strategy presentations and guiding the development of simple, compelling, and succinct new product concepts
- Broad working knowledge of innovation best practices across CPG & other industries
- High level of professional maturity
- Strong communication skills with business, creative, and technical audiences; in particular, the ability to take complex ideas and articulate them clearly & simply
- Knowledge of qualitative and quantitative research/analytics content & methods in order to distill content and bring the insights to life for Innovation engagements
- Ability to ask clarifying questions and recommend solutions
- Creative thinker adept at problem solving and able to cultivate those qualities in others
- Comfortable with ambiguity and iteration; equally comfortable sensing when to converge to solutions
Travel required (approximately 25-30%)