Controller Food Processing & Manufacturing
POSITION IN CENTRAL HOUSTON (LOOP 610 AREA):
Reporting to the President and CEO, this position will be responsible for managing all financial activities . The Controller will work closely with the senior management team to coordinate and account for all company activities and will participate in the preparation of documents for external auditors, the board of directors and will participate in board meetings. Position has a heavy emphasis on budgeting, forecasting and reporting accurate cash flow projections.
Controller must be able to build and maintain a system of accounting records, and a comprehensive set of controls to assure the accuracy of the reported financial results based upon Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
Build the finance team as needed to meet business needs and Supervise cost accountant and accounts payable/receivable clerical personnel.
- Work closely with the Management Team and various 3rd party consultants in budgeting future activity
- Provide Management with accurate monthly updates to cash flow projections
- Develop & maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures
- Maintain a system of controls over accounting transactions
- Build and report financials monthly and as needed to meet the ongoing business needs
- Prepare and present to the board of directors as needed
- Maintain and control various chart of accounts & an orderly accounting filing system
- Coordinate/perform the month-end and year-end closing process on a timely basis, including preparation and validation of financial statements.
- Issue timely and complete financial statements
- Oversee the operations of the accounting staff
- Ensure that accounts payable payments are processed in a timely manner
- Ensure miscellaneous accounts receivable are collected promptly
- Manage federal, state and local tax filings, income tax returns, sales tax and property taxes
- Investigate and report variances from budget to management
- Provide for a system of management cost reports
- Day to day liaison with banking relationship managers
- Other duties as assigned
- CPA or CMA with a bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- Consumer Packaged Goods experience a must
- 7+ years of public accounting and/or private industry accounting experience in the CPG industry
- Experience working with private equity a plus
- Understanding and experience in sourcing capital and financing
- Experience in managing, motivating and guiding accounting staff
- Business Process Improvement Acumen
- Middle Market Business Accounting experience
- Microsoft Office Proficiency - Excel in particular
- Microsoft Dynamics GP experience preferred
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
- BASE SALARY- Commensurate with Qualifications above
- BONUS Opp. - Based upon individual performance, subjective review by the Senior Mgmt. and paid annually.
- BENEFITS: Comprehensive Package including:
- Insurance - Company Paid Medical (100% for Employee & dependents), Company Paid Dental & V