Group Operations Manager Travel / Tourism
Our company is seeking an energetic, passionate operations leader that finds fulfillment in executing enriching client experiences through travel, engaging enthusiastic teams, and building business excellence.
The Group Operations Manager knows how to successfully implement group travel with extensive domestic and international experience. This position requires excellent business acumen, a client-first mindset, leadership capability, a process-driven approach, attention to detail and accuracy, and relentless follow-through.
The role has functional responsibility for travel project management, vendor management, and reservations. This position will report directly to the Chief Operating Officer.
In this position, the project manager will monitor and manage project health and performance by providing project leadership, facilitation, communication and customer relationship management expertise on assigned projects and transfer business knowledge to other members of the project team and facilitates collaboration throughout project lifecycle.
- Oversight of project management, vendor management, and reservationists
- Responsible for trip execution from the quote phase through the lessons learned phase
- Ensures that travel experiences are delivered on time, with quality and within cost
- Handle all financial aspects from client collections, vendor payments and financial reporting
- Manage all vendor contracting
- Travel to qualify destinations, venues, and inclusions
- Support all sales execution and trip-related communications
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or related field.
- Proven leadership, critical thinking, project and task management, and problem-solving skills.
- Enjoys a work environment dedicated to trust-based relationships where the truth matters, selfless service, creativity and innovation.
- Experienced managing multiple projects simultaneously of varying complexity while remaining focused on client service.
- Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize work to ensure timely deadlines.
- 5 years business and project management experience.
- Demonstrated successful ability to build positive relationships and partnerships within department, across the organization and with external customers.
- Proficient with interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Excellent computer skills required including Microsoft Office Suite.