New Product Development Manager Craft / Art
The New Product Development Manager with a focus on quilting will lead the development of new products and product categories from concept to post-launch for the Quilting products category.
- Maintain an informed perception of the consumer, market, and trends impacting the quilting product category through constant exposure to pertinent various forms of media, exposure to available forms of market, consumer and trend research, retail store and trade/consumer show visits.
- Work closely with sales, marketing, design, and sourcing teams to gain important knowledge that will impact the direction of product development
- Develop and manage detailed timelines for project management
- Create and/or review product concepts that are in line with pertinent market trends
- Prepare detailed product specification briefs explaining product concepts for Sourcing to initiate the vendor identification and quotation process
- Work closely with Regulatory Compliance Manager to ensure the proper testing has been completed
- To review all development counter samples from suppliers and provide sourcing with critical feedback to perfect the product sample
- Utilize development samples and quotations to prepare pre-selling materials for Sales and support the pre-selling efforts by attending customer meets as requested
- The calculation of landed costs and proposed customer pricing is required
- Presentation materials including, but not limited to, product presentation sheets, concept and trend boards
- Working closely with the Marketing creative team is also required to create handmade packaged product prototypes
- Initiate the fulfillment process through Hand-Off meetings with Operations that include all pertinent details required to initially purchase the product from the Supplier
- Initiate and oversee the completion of final production graphics for products, packaging for Suppliers
- Work closely with the Marketing Managers to ensure all supporting marketing materials are created and the new products are effectively communicated to customers and consumers
- Solicit support and assistance from Assistant Product Manager to ensure New Product Development needs are met
- Minimum 4 years active experience in developing/managing consumer packaged products for mass retail accounts.
- Must have 3 years plus experience specifically within the quilting products category
- Superior verbal and written communicative skills, both personal and technical
- Strong collaborative skills and the ability to work within small and large teams are a must
- Above average knowledge of product development strategies, principles and techniques
- Effective working knowledge of all programs within MS Office
- Above average expertise with excel and retail math formulas