Lead Jewelry Designer Craft / Art
The Product Designer is responsible for developing creative, unique, and trend right product to support the company's exclusive private brand lines (stationery, party, seasonal, decor, gift, etc.).
Product Design (60%)
- Utilizes design technical skills in Photoshop & Illustrator to create designs, illustrations, and piece types that represent the target customer and are aligned with brand direction.
- Translates conceptual inspiration into product, patterns, icons, and typography to support core businesses and brand development.
- Collaborates with internal Trend Team to create original pattern and icons to support company seasonal trends.
- Creates and executes production artwork & technical spec packs for new product concepts.
Product Design Support (25%)
- Maintains comprehensive understanding of target customer and current Michaels category assortments.
- Reports trend observations by shopping and navigating both store and online resources to identify new product opportunities.
- Builds style guides & inspiration guides to support new concept development.
- Collaborates with Product Manager to prepare/deliver new concepts for project kickoff meetings with business partners.
- Attends sample reviews and provides design execution feedback for Product Manager and Category Manager (Buyer) partners.
- Responsible for all key calendar and milestone design deliverables.
- Strong working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop & Illustrator (Adobe InDesign a plus) on a Mac Platform.
- Minimum of 3+ years equivalent work experience in product design and/or illustration.
- Design experience developing icons, graphics, prints, and repeat patterns.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software and effective presentation skills.
- Ability to illustrate concepts through hand sketching and creating handwritten typography a plus.
- Clear and effective verbal and written communication along with strong interpersonal skills