Senior Manager, Innovation Insights and Strategy Food Processing & Manufacturing
The Senior Manager, Innovation Insights and Strategy will be a strategic business partner and key influencer in the development of the US/Canada (USC) region innovation strategic framework and lead insights initiatives on various breakthrough innovation (BTI) projects. The SMM of Insights and Strategy is responsible for enhancing the probability of BTI success by evaluating opportunity areas, developing distinct benefit playbooks that are grounded in consumer and customer insight, and conducting impactful research that drives business case development, platform development and optimization, product positioning, informed launch strategy and post-launch measurement.
- Support USC Leadership in development of Innovation Strategic Framework - identify opportunity areas and prioritize.
- Lead exploratory research to dive deep into demand space opportunity areas to discover the benefit requirements – bring the requirements to life through opportunity benefit playbooks
- Define research and insights requirements to support the development of strategic growth platforms to uncover both customer needs and consumer demand in collaboration with Business Development Managers
- Direct the design, development and execution of custom and standardized research projects to support platform development and optimization as well as the analysis of research project data
- Identify and develop research tools and methodologies to impact of research results.
- Guide analytics support (leveraging external and internal data sources, primary and secondary research) to provide holistic business perspective and proactively identify opportunities during strategic scoping as well as on-going during platform development/refinement work.
- Align platform development to customer requirements across segments, address pain points and account for operator environment and equipment.
- Own the learning plan to support the BTI project through all stages of BTI process. Align team, build and manage BTI insight budget, define clear objectives and metrics, oversee analysis and create actionable results.
- Clearly identify and understand the consumer segment customer targets for each BTI initiative
- Support Business Development managers in:
- Establishing the platform roadmap for a benefit territory, associated product positioning, and individual product concepts linked to benefit requirements
- Validating the business size, opportunity, proposition, concept & product fit
- Develop recommendation and success criteria to aid in business decisions
- Establish self as strategic business partner with Marketing, R&D, Technology and USC Leadership (IST), and have a seat at the table in all key BTI business decisions.
- Collaborate with global innovation resources on best practices and to capitalize on synergies on larger global demand space opportunities.
- Lead, influence and communicate effectively across the organization to accelerate BTI results.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or related field; Masters preferred.
- Must have 5 to 7 years of insights/market research and innovation experience
- Proven track record in business and research leadership, successfully translating insights into actionable, influential results
- Demonstrated ability to apply insights to drive high impact innovation strategy and business decisions
- Demonstrated strong communication skills both verbal and written, solid presentation skills
- Demonstrated analytical proficiency, intellectual curiosity, critical thinking skills and decision-making capability
- Demonstrated ability to be a strong business partner and team collaborator – demonstrated ability to work with all levels within the organization
- Strong Microsoft Office proficiency to include Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint