General Manager Food Processing & Manufacturing
Our client, a well-funded, 50-year old global wine and spirits company, is going into the specialty food business! They are seeking National Sales Manager to lead their exciting new endeavor. The National Sales Manager will work with national account chain buyers, food distributors and brokers in an effort to achieve distribution in all 50 States.
The candidate they hire will use their smarts, resourcefulness, and scrappy ingenuity to lead in a high-growth environment while maintaining a laser focus on providing a top-notch experience for customers.
The National Sales will have an entrepreneurial spirit and an enthusiastic, solution-driven approach to management. This role will be responsible for both day-to-day business operations (don’t be afraid to roll up your sleeves!) and longer-term strategic planning alongside the company’s owner and founder. The National Sales Manager will help build the business and lead the company on the path toward long-term success through both traditional grocery channels and direct-to-consumer business.
- Manage all aspects of the business alongside the founder and owner
- Hire, manage, and develop a team of direct reports spanning a variety of disciplines including sales, marketing, merchandising and operations.
- Lead business operations including workflow and process development, efficiency efforts, costing, and more
- Identify, procure, and launch new products based on industry trends and opportunities
- Maintain P&L responsibility, including budget development and managing day-to-day accounting operations
- Oversee strategic sales planning (by channel) and manage sales activities to achieve revenue and profit goals
- Lead marketing strategy development and oversee tactical execution, including email marketing, social media marketing, content marketing, public relations, and other creative efforts
- Manage key vendor relationships, including attending sales meetings, negotiating contracts, and maintaining ongoing communication and contractual execution
- Oversee customer service efforts including communicating with key accounts, placing and fulfilling orders, and resolving any issues
- Must have a Bachelor’s Degree or higher, preferably in Business or a related field (MBA preferred)
- Must have at least two years of P&L experience.
- Must have a passion for and love of high-quality foods
- Must have previous experience as a Regional, Divisional or Equivalent Sales Manager with leadership experience that includes hiring, building, and managing teams, including sales.
- Must be familiar with national grocery, c-store, club or drug chains.
- Must have previous food sales and/or distribution experience
- Experience in branding / creative direction and an eye for good design. Adobe Creative Suite and HTML skills are as plus but not mandatory.
- Strong financial skills including developing and executing budgets; QuickBooks proficiency desired but not mandatory.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time