Regional Sales Manager Beverages – Adult (Spirits, Beer & Wine)
Our client is a well-established, decidedly successful producer and importer of premium domestic and imported wines. They have enjoyed success in the wine industry for more than 50 years, and are highly regarded for their premium products, passion, philosophy and culture.
Reporting to the VP of Sales for the West, the Region Sales Manager will have demonstrated success in the sale of premium wines to top on-premise and off-premise accounts with an emphasis on all major California metro markets.
This is a home-based position with three direct reports located in Southern and Northern California markets. Ability to foster effective relationships with distributors while providing education and managing programming for major accounts is key. Qualified candidates with experience in premium imported and/or domestic wines will be considered.
- Manages entire premium wine business within the state of California
- Responsible for all state financials including budgets, depletions, pricing, and profit analysis
- 80% focus is on distributor/broker management and 20% focus is on in-field work with Distributor DM training & development coupled with key account/market visits
- Development of market plans and programming with distributor
- Builds relationships with top key accounts to drive execution and profitability
- Lead and manage three direct reports providing direction, training and developmental opportunities
- Works closely with the National Chain Account Manager to ensure he/she is familiar with national on/off premise strategies and programs
- Inspires creative thought and “out of the box” ideas that grow revenue and profit for the portfolio
- Delivers all product revenue and profit growth targets for the state of California
- Bachelor’s degree or higher.
- 5-10 years of experience in the wine industry, with a focus on premium products.
- Minimum 3-5 years experience in distributor/broker management.
- Minimum 3-5 years of direct report leadership
- Aggressive, organized, disciplined, analytical and in control of the facts of their business.
- Strong and proven capabilities in the areas of assessing people and understanding how to motivate individuals to execute our client’s sales, financial goals, plans and needs.
- Advanced proficiency in MS Office, specifically Excel and PowerPoint.
- Valid Driver’s License.