Brand Manager, Global Categories Innovation OTC/Rx Consumer Healthcare
Provide leadership for innovation in the US for all brands within Global Categories. This role will be accountable for the conception, development, and validation of innovation roadmaps for key Global Categories: allergy, pain, and digestive health. The Manager of Innovation will partner with brand teams to understand business issues, brand priorities, market gaps, and unmet consumer needs to establish the basis of interest for innovation. The coordination of cross-functional teams such as R&D, Market Research, Manufacturing, Sales, and external agencies to support innovation roadmap development is also within scope.
Role Specific Responsibilities
- Direct pipeline development initiatives
- Support and refine portfolio management approach for each category
- Develop and validate product concepts
- Develop and manage internal approval documents: PPPs, EPPs, etc
- Manage development process to an aligned upon handoff point to brand team
- Work closely with internal product development and business development partners
- Serve as US liaison to global innovation teams, representing US interests
- Develop and manage innovation budget in partnership with brands
Education: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college required, MBA preferred.
Experience: Four to six years of total brand management experience required; 2 years at the brand manager/senior brand level preferred.
Professional Skills: Must have demonstrated the ability to lead people and achieve results through others. The capacity to manage multiple priorities within a matrixed organization to a successful outcome through leadership & influencing skills is necessary for this role.
Role Specific Competencies:
This position requires extensive use of computer equipment. Must have a demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft business software to include Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Outlook. Familiarity with Nielsen or IRI programs is preferred. Strong verbal and written communication skills are required. Experiences in the following industries are desired: OTC, consumer health care, or consumer packaged goods. Knowledge of IRI/Nielsen data software and products are a plus.
Special Requirements: This position requires the ability to travel (20%).