Senior Manager, Trade Marketing Travel / Tourism
The Senior Manager, Trade Marketing is responsible forthe development of marketing strategies for all agency and strategic partners to ensure maximum performance and ROI. This position will also direct the activities of Assistant Marketing Manager to drive results through the travel agency / consortia channel while building the agency marketing strategy for the U.S., Canada, and international markets. The position is further responsible for building brand awareness and engagement in all markets by developing segmented communication plans. Oversee the development, execution, and tracking of all agent marketing programs. Work closely with the Sales team, Reservations, Marketing, and Finance to ensure that all efforts are aligned with company strategic plans.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Create marketing plans for all strategic partners and major accounts.
- Manage the marketing budget to ensure the most effective spend/ROI.
- Build and maintain relationships with top accounts in support of the sales team.
- Work with the VP of Sales to ensure that strategic partner effort is maximized and opportunities are communicated.
- Deliver effective communication to the sales team of all strategic partner marketing strategies to ensure effectiveness of the partnerships in all markets.
- Work with partners and industry organizations to understand competitive trends.
- Develop specific strategies for each partner and agency and forecast performance for each segment.
- Work with sales leaders on development of marketing plans for each partner, including international.
- Manage marketing and promotion budgets to increase new business through the agency channel.
- Ensures effective implementation, tracking and measurement of ROI for all marketing strategies.
- Develop and implement digital and direct mail marketing program to agency databases.
- Provide analytics and data resources to enhance effectiveness of field sales team.
- Work with the creative team on strategic partner marketing and promotional materials
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or related field of study.
- MBA in marketing or Business preferred.
- Previous travel/hospitality industry experience required.
- 5+ years demonstrated successful experiences of progressive responsibilities in marketing, sales and/or strategic planning activities in B to B channel.
- Strategic thinking as well as strong project management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to lead cross department teams on both strategic idea generation and tactical implementation.
- Experience in developing sales collateral (digital & print) and communications.
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills required.