Content Manager Travel / Tourism
The Content Manager works closely with the product, marketing, sales, and operations teams to ensure content is accurate and well-designed. He or she must be able to produce content from start to finish through their own work on projects, and be adept at juggling and managing multiple projects simultaneously while managing others such as freelancers, in-house writers and agencies.
Strong project management skills are essential, along with adaptability to a changing environment, and a willingness to step into any situation as a problem solver. He or she must be able to work both as a proactive developer of content, and a reactive collaborator and support resource for other members of the marketing, product and sales teams.
- Creates and oversees content calendar to support Marketing initiatives including external print ads, print brochures, online banners, promotional emails, web site updates and social media.
- Owns the production of product brochures (48-100+ pages) for US, Canada and Australia.
- Creates editorial guidelines and standards for all content types.
- Manages freelance writers while adhering to schedules and staying within budget.
- Edits content for accuracy, clarity, readability, punctuation and grammar.
- Collaborates with SEO, SEM and digital marketing colleagues to continually evolve the company's web presence.
- Interacts regularly with stake holders in other departments to ensure business goals and opportunities are met.
- Conceptualizes and presents creative content opportunities to improve the company's digital and print presence.
- Contributes as a strong team player to execute the company's marketing vision.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent. Master’s a plus.
- Minimum 5 years of editorial and/or content management experience.
- Strong portfolio of content-based experience, preferably in the online consumer space.
- Exceptional written and oral communication and presentation skills.
- Fast learner, self-starter.
- Team player.
- Willingness to do get your hands dirty and do whatever is necessary to meet team goals.