Business Development Manager, MICE Travel / Tourism
Support achievement of company goals by working with incentive houses, meeting planners, brokers and corporate direct clients to develop relationships and awareness which maximize productivity (sales) with a key focus on cost of sale.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Execute strategic plans as initiated by Vice President; with focus on generating new business from incentive houses, meeting planners and corporate directs.
- Raise awareness of the company and how our global resort products and services fulfill the requirements of the meeting and incentive travel market place.
- Solicit group business through strong communication and effective interaction with clients to ensure their program needs and expectations are paired correctly with the company's product offering as well as business terms and conditions.
- Coordinate and execute training and familiarization programs for incentive houses, meeting planners and corporate direct clients (via webinars, symposiums, resort visitations, pre-sale site inspections and training)
- Perform competitive landscape analysis and research of meeting and incentive opportunities in an effort to maximize Club Med’s position in the market place.
- Plan, coordinate, and participate in trade shows and conferences within assigned territory.
- Participate in national trade shows as requested by VP.
- Participate in industry conferences and trade shows within territory where incentive travel buyers and meeting planners are in attendance - to enhance our relationships and increase awareness.
- Prepare sales presentations for training purposes (both internal and external) as well as competitive bidding situations for groups and resort buy outs.
- Drive behaviors through keen understanding of the different sales channels available within the meeting and incentive industry; identify what is needed to optimize the company's relationship with key buyers.
- Develop group programs for incentives and meetings in coordination with Sales Specialist while taking special care in matching the needs to the group to the company’s product offerings.
- Work closely with Sales Specialists and Group Sales team for those matters outside knowledge base or area of expertise or in situations where information is not readily available.
- Work closely with Sales Specialists to ensure a full understanding of quotes and contracts. Follow-up on all quotes in an effort to accelerate conversion rates.
- Maintain an e-mail distribution list of incentive travel buyers and meeting planners located in territory.
- Ensure all data is accurate; and promotional materials developed by incentive houses, meeting planners, corporate clients and resort buyout companies follows brand guidelines.
- Serve as the subject matter expert - available to answer questions from District Sales Managers regarding incentive travel opportunities originating from retail travel agents located within their territories (consulting basis only).
- Use reports, read, analyze and interpret those reports and take any necessary action in accordance with results.
- Assigned territory encompasses 12 states with revenue generation between $1M - $2M per year. Fully responsible for revenue goals being achieved, budget requirements met and all other items as described above.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business Administration, Hospitality Management or related field of study; or any equivalent combination of education and relevant work experience.
- 5 – 7 years experience in incentive travel sales, meeting/convention/event sales or leisure travel sales.
- Hospitality Sales experience preferred.
- Sales experience with incentive houses, travel brokers and/or meeting planners preferred.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Familiarity with industry organizations (SITE, MPI, etc).
- Strong computer skills – mastery of MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Excellent verbal and written command of the English language.
- Ability to initiate contracts using superior negotiation and presentation skills.
- Results-oriented and strong decision making skills with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks while meeting company objectives.
- Strong interpersonal skills to build relationships, foster trust and cooperation among team members as well as customers.
- Detail-oriented, self-management and organizational skills to handle home-based role with goal/target based compensation.
- Customer-centric skills to foster and maintain business relationships and drive results.