Senior New Business Development Manager Food Processing & Manufacturing
The Senior Business Development Manager (all categories excluding Topping, Cream, Culinary Solutions (TCCS)) will be responsible for developing and incubating assigned new platforms for priority growth categories (excluding TCCS) for US/C Region; partnering with US/C Product Category Team (PCT) Leader to drive growth through accelerated breakthrough innovation.
Responsible for managing the day to day operations, results and strategic direction of assigned platforms:
- Manage the P&L and business case development of early stage business platforms
- Drive the activities to accelerate validation of the business opportunity and incubate early stage growth
- Work with the team to get the foundational elements of the business in place to grow and scale.
- Keep a keen focus on ensuring validation, growth and scale, leveraging the capabilities of the organization where applicable.
- Effectively and quickly incorporate market information on an ongoing basis, and make necessary changes to shift strategic direction quickly of assigned platform.
Lead and participate in Discovery and Voice Of Customer (VOC) activities to identify opportunities on an ongoing basis
- Initiate and lead discovery activities as needed
- Develop an understanding of new trends, emerging technologies, start-ups and leaders in innovation and develop ways to utilize the knowledge
- Partner with PCT leaders and category division marketers to incubate a healthy pipeline of innovation opportunities
Responsible for developing viable platforms and business models by translating customer and market needs
- Responsible for business case development and market assessments
- Translate data and observations into insights and elements of a new business/platform
- Keen understanding of channel and customer economics and apply the knowledge as needed
- Utilize knowledge of competitive landscape
- Rapidly assess market and business opportunities
Ensure platforms are effectively transitioned to the appropriate division marketers where applicable
- Utilize validation and commercialization process
- Work in conjunction with divisional marketing and business leads throughout platform development to ensure smooth transition as platform progresses to full launch phase.
- Work in conjunction with divisional category marketing leads to ensure platforms are built into category and divisional strategies
Explore new opportunities for the US/C Region Breakthrough Technology Innovation (BTI)
- As opportunities emerge, work with US/C PCT leaders to conduct the exploration and development of recommendations.
Bachelors degree in marketing or related field, MBA preferred
8+ years of experience focused on new product, platform, or business development, either in a corporate or start-up environment.
Demonstrated ability to develop, incubate and scale new products, platforms or businesses
Proven track record in developing strategy and execute successfully; deriving strategic insights through business analysis.
Demonstrated expertise in translating quantitative data and customer insights into strategies that drive business results.
Demonstrated ability to move seamlessly between big picture and detailed execution; is able to make consistently solid judgment decisions based on limited data.
Solid influencing skills to accomplish goals; leading through influence as well as through direct reporting authority; influencing skills include experience working with a variety of levels within an organization
Highly energetic and passionate with an entrepreneurial spirit and thrives in a fast-paced, performance driven culture; bottom-line, execution focused; ability to think creatively
Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
Proven ability to articulate an inspiring vision and powerful sense of shared purpose in others.
Demonstrated ability with ambiguity and fluidity and the ability to make decisions in a rapidly changing environment while achieving quality results; ability to navigate situations where an established way of doing things may not exist
Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal direction, exercise initiative and judgment, and make decisions within the scope of assigned authority
Must be able to handle multiple assignments concurrently, possess excellent organizational and time management skills, and be able to function in a fast paced environment. Proactive individual with ability to anticipate, initiate, and prioritize.
Willingness and desire to go out into the market and really understand customers’ problems – ethnography and VOC skills are required
Expert knowledge of MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook) and Adobe Acrobat. Individual must be a fast learner and able to assimilate new software, procedures and techniques as they are constantly introduced in this environment. Sold basic analysis skills.