Reservations Agent Travel / Tourism
Responsible for responding to inbound service calls or e-mails from customers inquiring about trips and tours provided by the company. Provide a positive customer experience while handling requests for information, preparing quotes, and securing reservations for parties of one to nine. Educate customers on company products and pricing plans. This position represents the company's image and plays a critical role in providing a high quality of service to develop and maintain customer base.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Respond to incoming service calls and e-mails from customers who want information about trips provided by the company. Identify customer needs and assist them in developing travel plans. Conduct research on trips using available resources and share information with customers. Route calls to other internal personnel when appropriate. Field a variety of calls on bookings, pricing, “a la carte” services, and optional extras to any packages. Investigate and resolve customer issues with bookings or related services.
- Make follow-up calls to provide customers with necessary information on pricing, itineraries, and other pertinent information. Process itinerary changes and requests for brochures.
- Keep up to date on all products and services available to customers. Promote travel products and services to help grow the business and provide a positive customer experience. Proactively meet targets and close sales.
- Process customer information in Softrip system and document calls according to standard operating procedures. Update and maintain reservation information and customer records.
- Process payments using the Softrip system and discuss pricing with customers for trips.
Customer service experience in a Call Center environment.
Proficient in Microsoft Office Products and customer information systems.
Travel industry and sales background is preferred.
Excellent communication skills and phone etiquette. Strong team player.
Possess strong attention to detail and accuracy.
Ability to maintain service quality measures and sales goals.