Sr Packaging Manager Toys
Seeking a Sr. Packaging Manager who has an established background of hands-on packaging design and now manages other packaging designers.
This role is 65% management focused and 35% process management (project management).
- Driving the creative process and directing team members in all aspects of packaging design and development.
- Planning and managing to a budget balancing internal and external resources.
- Exploring and implementing new technologies including new software and hardware critical to developing skills and product efficiencies.
- Managing the packaging development process (from initiating design schedule start to final mechanical artwork turnover) for multiple categories of business across brands ensuring market relevant and compelling packaging is developed.
- Managing and reviewing project status on a weekly basis with cross-functional team members ensuring timelines and goals are attained.
- Foster and manage outside vendor partnerships for materials, copywriting, printing, photography, videography bringing consistency/dimension to brand/line/category.
- Managing, coaching/developing and motivating a team of designers with a primary focus on packaging. Cultivating and empowering team to take initiative and ownership for their work and its real impact on the business mission.
- BFA/BA/BS in Graphic Design.
- Must have 8+ years professional level experience in design direction and execution in consumer packaged goods. Minimum of 3 years in a comprehensive management role effectively guiding and directing internal staff and external partners/vendors.
- Mass retail experience required
- Juvenile Products or Toy Industry experience preferred
- Expert in package design and development using graphic and packaging software such as Illustrator, Photoshop and CAD tools.
- Demonstrated experience with budget development and management, including solid experience building effective business cases for incremental spend if necessary/recommended.
- Ability to support, mentor and train employees to ensure efficiency, effectiveness and foster good morale/team pride, as demonstrated through past experience navigating and leading team through successful change
- Strong problem solving, critical thinking and decision-making skills, as demonstrated in past successful resolutions to complex multi-dimensional issues.
- Possess a strong eye and a thorough understanding of strategic timing for introducing market-relevant, on-trend designs to mass-market consumer.
- A history of leading projects from concept to completion within established timeframes.
- Proven success working in a high volume creative environment with aggressive timelines.
- Proven ability to effectively present and communicate ideas in a large group and to executive/leadership team resulting in organizational alignment.
- Superior project and time management skills, including formal training in these areas.
- Confidence and experience corresponding with Chinese partners on a regular basis.
- Familiarity with complex documents like product spec sheets, manuals and safety regulations.
- Requires 15-20% travel. Some international travel required. 1X weekly evening meeting required with international office.