Brand Manager Gasoline & Lubricants
In this role you will deliver sustained growth for the business across all channels, including on and off highway applications, through effective business and marketing strategies. Responsibilities include channel strategies, product line strategies, marketing strategies, product line development, promotional activities, marketing communications and execution, and P&L. Must be skilled at partnering cross-functionally with sales to drive high impact programs that deliver forecast.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES OF ROLE:
- Business Strategy - Establish growth strategies that support long-term, sustainable sales and profit growth within the competitive landscape of this category and channel. Lead this work through collaboration with a multi-functional team including sales, finance, supply and product management.
- P&L Management - Lead the business to deliver against your aligned product and channel strategies and business commitments. Track progress versus plan and account for results.
- Marketing Strategy - Define target consumers and installers, identify key insights, and leverage them to develop effective marketing strategies that will drive equity, points of difference, and sales/profit. Develop and deliver best in class marketing executions and communications including advertising, consumer promotions, trade plans, POS, etc. Optimize and manage ROI.
- New Product Development - Partner with the product management and the other channels to develop and launch new products into the marketplace.
- Deployment to Sales - Inspire and motivate the sales organization with breakthrough strategies, plans and tools that will deliver against your product line and channel strategies.
- Build Organizational Capability - Grow the capability of the organization by improving processes and approaches and building organization knowledge in marketing.
- Strategic Thinker / Data Based - Ability to distill and synchronize various date sources to develop fact-based and strategically sound recommendations for your business.
- Motivational Leader and Influencer - Ability to enroll, energize, and enable a multi functional team behind growth strategies for your business. Demonstrate seasoned judgment and ability to make brilliant decisions in a timely manner. The ability to handle complexity and numerous priorities / projects, lead by influence across the organization and build support behind your strategies and proposals.
- Collaborator / Networker - Demonstrated ability to pull from and leverage diverse thinking, ideas and viewpoints from across the business to build an optimal solution / approach.
- Business Expert - Builds a mastery of the details of the Heavy Duty marketplace, financials, product assortment, competition, consumer and trade initiatives, etc.
- Marketing Expert - Understands how to define consumer/installer targets, identify powerful insights and build effective marketing campaigns to deliver growth strategies and commitment. Leverages the power and purpose of different media channels including digital, social, and trade publications.
- Team Leader - Effectively leads cross-functional teams (e.g., New Product Teams, Agency Teams or Customer / Installer Marketing Plan Teams), works seamlessly with the Product Management Group, and effectively interfaces with the US Installer Channels Marketing Team.
- Team Player - The organization has a strong team culture. A successful candidate will embrace the idea that success as a team comes first (and is most rewarding).
- Organization Builder - Is a thought leader that works "on" the system, not just "in" it.
- Creative Thinker and Innovator - The Brand Manager will be charged with developing industry-grounded, breakthrough ideas that drive profit growth on their businesses. They will show an ability to create ideas that are both consistent with the brand objectives/strategies and grounded in the business realities.
- Bachelor's degree required; Masters degree preferred
- 4-6 years of strategic marketing experience
- At least 2-3 years of Heavy Duty Lubricant industry/marketplace experience preferred
- Demonstrated experience leading teams, brands, initiatives and new product launches.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate across a multi functional organization.
- Fluent in written and spoken English