Director of Affinity Sales Travel / Tourism
Secure business for the company through leveraging existing client relationships with non-profit affinity organizations and developing new business relationships in the non-profit and related affinity sectors.
- Familiarize existing and prospective clients throughout the USA with the company, ships and itineraries through in-person meetings and timely follow-up communication.
- Identify those voyages that best meet the institutional needs of the client to maximize sales results.
- For key partners, create custom-designed sales and marketing plans to raise the profile of company voyages among travelers and provide special benefits that will drive sales.
- In consultation with COO, establish sales targets for affinity travel market and monitor sales to ensure that targets are met.
- Meet regularly with COO and sales team to assess progress and set strategy for addressing special sales needs.
- Submit regular reports on sales activities to share with the team.
- Issue confirmation letter/contract at the close of each sale specifying all terms related to marketing, comps, commission and related details.
- Communicate with relevant departments regarding any special needs (sightseeing, shipboard programming, marketing, etc.) for specific clients.
- Extensive experience in affinity travel and with non-profit/affinity organizations.
- Good listener who is able to assess and respond to the varied needs of clients.
- Proactive, creative thinker in developing new business channels.
- Strong communication skills coupled with ability to establish long-term business relationships founded on trust and integrity.