2089 Director of Global Marketing Pharmaceutical
Summary: Our long-standing client has engaged us to find a Global Marketing Director who will drive global marketing and launch strategy for an Oncology Franchise. Responsibilities include:
- Provide positive leadership and productive influence across and around enterprise in order to develop and execute global strategies.
- Lead high-performing team of marketers.
- Partner with Areas and Affiliates to ensure strategies are developed with customer-centric approach.
- Leverage data, analytics and strategic mind-set in all aspects of running the marketing component of the business.
- Exhibit P&L mindset.
- Effectively orchestrates work across internal teams and external partners including agencies, etc.
- Provide overarching leadership and direction for drug, strategies, plans and resource investments. Align and lead the charge. Encompass a cross-functional mindset and perspective in all strategies.
- Set tone and priorities for scale and scope of accountability. Influence and persuade across multiple external and internal constituents (stakeholders and partners). Lead and develop direct, indirect and cross-business team. Infuse the Company's Ways of Working and Talent Philosophy in day-to-day leadership and management of the business. Use coaching effectively and efficiently to create high-performing teams, and elevate team’s marketing skills and knowledge.
- Determine appropriate action, execution, tracking and monitoring of Marketing Plans by employing marketing skills.
- Maintain focus on and consistently triangulate market dynamics, constituents’ needs, and business priorities to determine best, market-advantaged course of action.
- Formulate and adjust business plans and actions to achieve business objectives and goals, including financial, constituents and market results. Grow and gain share and penetration. Take and recommend appropriate strategic decisions and actions for the best interest of the Company, franchise and brand at the varying life cycle stages.
- Demonstrate high proficiency of the whole and the component parts of the Marketing skills framework: Insights, Segmentation, Positioning, Value Proposition, Business Model Innovation, Creative Development, Investment Optimization
- Ability to effectively build an effective team and leverage matrix team working
- Collaborative approach to working with US, Areas and Global Commercial Development, and others
- Grow and leverage team members’ Marketing skills
- Exhibit P&L mindset regardless of role and/or unit
- Leverage data, analytics and strategic mind-set in all aspects of running the marketing component of the business
- Provide positive leadership and productive influence across and around the enterprise
- Effectively orchestrate work across internal teams and external partners including agencies, etc.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Cross-functional and/or similar experiences including field sales, finance, regulatory, research & development and other relevant business functions, like Managed Care, MABI.
- Minimum of 10 years of total marketing experience
- Minimum of 5 years of Oncology marketing experience, ideally with Lung Cancer
- Launch experience
- Cross-geography, including global and/or international experience
- European operational experience preferred
- Cross-business experiences, including a portfolio of multiple franchise exposure: growth, mature and launch brands
- Strategic initiatives
- Willingness to Travel - Often