Director Sales Food Processing & Manufacturing
Overall Purpose and Objective
To manage the Company's Regional Sales Team in assigned territories by planning, motivating, training, and guiding the Regional Sales Managers and Retail Broker organizations to achieve maximum sales, profitability, and market share in accordance with projected sales goals and financial guidelines.
List in order of importance the major responsibilities of the job.
- Select and maintain competent Regional Sales Managers and Broker representatives in each marketing area. Train and motivate Regional Sales Managers and Broker personnel in carrying out sales and marketing objectives in accordance with The Pictsweet Company’s policies and procedures.
- Evaluate trade marketing spending in assigned territories and develop effective and efficient trade marketing plans.
- Understand and assist in guiding the Category Management team in the development of market analytics and effective support materials to assist the brokers in their sales efforts.
- Analyze and appraise regularly the effectiveness of each Regional Sales Manager and Broker to assure that sales goals are met and take corrective action when necessary.
- Develop and maintain a close working relationship with all customers and brokers.
- Monitor retail store conditions to assure effective implementation of company marketing and sales plans.
- Monitor the progress made in each market in the following areas: Distribution, Promotional Effectiveness, Retail Positioning in freezer, and Retail Pricing.
- Plan and establish sales quotas for each Regional Sales Manager’s marketing area and ensure that they are attained.
- Make professional customer presentations with each Regional Sales Manager on a regular basis to establish a personal relationship with customers beyond typical Broker interaction.
- Keep each Regional Sales Manager and Broker informed of market conditions, competitive activity, changes in company products, pricing and marketing activities.
- Maintain a solid flow of communication to the Vice President, Branded Sales to ensure that the corporate office is aware of conditions and issues in the field.
- Entertain customers – i.e. dinner functions, golf, sports and social events, etc. when approved and beneficial to achieving company goals.
- Comply with all administrative requirements in a timely and accurate manner and perform all other duties appropriate to the position.
- Managing Change
- Managing Performance
- Customer Orientation
- Results Orientation
College degree required; Minimum of 7 years Sales experience required; Direct-sales and/or Food Broker Account Management experience required; Sales Team Supervision/Management experience preferred; Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint, with excellent analytical and communication skills required.